Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Shoes

No, this post isn't about the Paolo Nutini song, though it would be a great soundtrack while you read...

Anyone who knows me is aware that I'm kind of a soda addict.  Specifically, Diet Coke (or some other kind of diet cola, since I've been quenching my soda urges with the SodaStream lately.)  Anyway, given my longstanding relationship with Coca Cola beverages, it should come as no surprise that I've accumulated about 2,300 MyCokeRewards points.  In case the name isn't a dead giveaway, MyCokeRewards is a "frequent drinker" program.  Every bottle of your favorite Coca Cola product contains a code that's worth 3 points.  Once you've accumulated enough points you can trade them in for cool stuff.  For example, I got a gift card to Subway once.

Since I've been looking hungrily at Apple products, the Nike + system has been on my radar recently.  Basically, if you have the system, you put a chip in your Nike + shoe and your iPod tracks your running...or walking, as the case may be.  Pretty cool.  Plus, I've been in need of new shoes for quite some time.  My current pair is (gulp) about 8 1/2 years old.  Anyway, last week I noticed that for 2,000 MyCokeRewards points I could get a $50 gift card to Nike.com.  Browsing Nike's website, I found a pair of last year's shoes for only $56.97.  When you register for an account with Nike, they ship your first order for free.  So...with sales tax and free shipping, my shoes cost $60.87.  Subtract the $50 gift card and I just bought a pair of Nike Air Max Moto+ 7 Men's Running Shoes for under eleven bucks.  Anyone wanna go for a run?

1 comment:

  1. I found this blog by looking for pictures of really hot ankles! Oooh, la la!

    ReplyDelete